The function of the ball valve
The ball valve is mainly used to cut off, distribute and change the flow direction of the medium in the pipeline. The ball valve with V-shaped opening also has a good flow adjustment function.
The ball valve is not only simple in structure, good in sealing performance, but also small in size, light in weight, low in material consumption, small in installation size, small in driving torque, simple in operation, easy to achieve rapid opening and closing, and is one of the valve varieties that have developed rapidly in the past decade. Especially in developed countries such as the United States, Japan, Germany, France, Italy, West, and Britain, ball valves are widely used, and their varieties and numbers continue to expand. They are moving towards high temperature, high pressure, large warpage, high sealing, long life, and adjustment performance. Development in the direction of excellence, one valve with multiple functions. Their reliability and other performance indicators have reached a very high level, and have partially replaced gate valves, globe valves and regulating valves.
With the advancement of ball valve technology, in the foreseeable short term, ball valves will be widely used, especially in oil and gas pipelines, oil refining crackers, and the nuclear industry. In addition, in other industries, ball valves will become one of the leading valve types in the medium and large diameter, medium and low pressure fields.
The advantages of ball valves .
1. It has very low flow resistance (almost zero).
2. It can be reliably used for corrosive media and low boiling point liquids, because it will not get stuck in the working process (when there is no lubricant).
3. It can be fully sealed in a larger pressure and temperature range.
4. It can realize fast opening and closing, and the opening and closing time of some structures is only 0.05~0.1s, which can be used in the automation system of the test bench. When the valve is opened and closed quickly, the operation has no effect.
5. The spherical closure can be automatically positioned.
6. Reliable sealing on both sides of the working medium.
7. When fully opened and closed, the sealing surface of the ball and the valve seat is isolated from the medium, so the medium passing through the valve at high speed will not cause erosion of the sealing surface.
8. With compact structure and light weight, it can be considered as a reasonable valve structure for cryogenic medium system.
9. The valve body is symmetrical, especially the welded valve body structure, which can well withstand the stress from the pipeline.